Stand

Life is hard for those of us in Michigan right now.  I mean, it's not like in Africa where we're walking miles a day for clean water, or anything, but it's what we would consider "less than expected."  Of course then I must raise the question, what is it we expected by allowing a governor with no political history to be the person who makes all the decisions for us?  Were we really thinking it would turn out ok, he's a republican.  Ok, now I say this, we all know what republicans want... more money for big businesses and tighter religious laws.  Yes, there's much more to them than that, but when did we last know of a Republican politician who was concerned with the people who actually work for a living?  Those of us who actually feel aches at the end of the day for a job not able to even pay for the medical we need to relieve those aches.  Their concern is for the most part, the businesses that pay their bills.  Snyder, Michigan's current governor, has stated he's also taking pay cuts.  He allowed himself to only be payed $1 for his annual salary.  I at first found this great.  I mean, he was willing to do this for us?  Cool!  Not so much now.  After all, he's got lots of money he can dive into, this "cut" was really just him getting people, like myself, to feel like he could relate to us.  Not really the case. 

Then I also must bring up, what happened to all the "change" we were supposed to see with Obama?  I remember loving him because he was bringing us into a new time for this country, and I hate to be hard on him, but what has he done beyond the health care bill?  With that being said, how am I supposed to afford that when my university's not getting funded the way it was by the state because Snyder's cutting back on those?  So my tuition might go up, wonderful.  It's hard enough as it is to pay for college.  I hear all these lovely stories about how "back in the day" you could get a factory job straight out of high school and be set for life.  Medical, dental, the works, it was a good job!  Now, those are one of the hardest jobs to find.  You need college to go anywhere in this country and that's becoming harder to achieve as well.  How long will it be before I am just another person with 2 or more part time jobs just to pay the bills and have clothes on my back? 

Look at where our world is heading, and by world I mean our state, country, and yes, the world.  We're not exactly on a rise here.  Why aren't We, the People, doing much about it besides complaining?  I mean, come on, join me, get a sign, and write on it, stand with me in Lansing, send letters.  We are the voice and the people who make the decisions in this country and yet we're allowing people like Snyder to do it for us.  When did this happen?  Would our Founding Fathers really be proud of our lack of participation in government?  We have a voice and all I hear from you is silence.  Stand up, America.  Times need to change and the people we're voting to do it are just letting us down.  Take back our government!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

0 Response to "Stand"

Post a Comment