Ave Maria
I am an a spiritual person, I wouldn't say religous because religious sounds too close to the word follower. I don't want to follow a religion, I want to follow God. Whoever He/She is, I want to follow them, and not the priests and popes that carry their message. Don't get me wrong, I love the pope, and do think he is the mouth of God, but he is still, none the less, mortal. I fear mortal men, men in general, so perhaps that's why I chose to stay away from a male Dominated society, known as the Catholic Church. My fear in men, and my distrust of them (I have never identified with the male sex) also led me to be an avid follower to Mary. Perhaps I have always seen her as my God in female form. I know, Mary is simply the vessle in which God's Son came to be, but she is more to me than that. In my defense, as a follower of Mary, I do not pray TO her, I have instead, asked her to help me in life as I would my own mother. I have asked for her divine help, as I see her with power. Still, when I pray to glorify God and all that is, I do pray to Him, and not to Mary. Just trying to make that clear. The last thing I care to hear is that I am worshipping Mary above God.
I do, however have a hard time following Jesus and praying to Him. I guess, it is that fear of men again. I fear Him as a judge, even though He is said to not have done so. Still, Jesus on the cross is above my door, and has been since I was a child. I don't remember how I found the crucifix, but I do know it has always been above the door to my bedroom, dorm, and now, is above the door into my apartment. I do believe it will keep the evil out of my home. Some may think this supersicious, but it works for me.
Along with depictions of Mary and Jesus, I have buddahs. Yep, I also believe there is something to learn from Hinduism. I've spent my life mixing cultures and beliefs into one. Somehow, the complexity of it was simpler to me. I mean, it didn't take long before I saw that almost every religion out there had the same message. The old fashioned, Golden Rule. I see God in Mary, Jesus, Buddahs, even in a ring I have of a minor Hindu god. We cannot see him to know what he looks like, or if He even has form to begin with, so why not give him all the forms in which bring peace of mind? That just always made sense to me.
People tell me often how seeing God, as the Christians describe him, in a Hindu god is a sin. I just shrug my shoulders. After all, how do we really know what is sin and what isn't? Because a group of Men wrote down what the Holy Spirit told them to? How many Men claim they've had Divine Right to rule the world and people believed them until we knew better. Men. Men to me are evil and corrupt, as well as Women. I find that we each just have to find God in whatever way seems fit for us. Perhaps he is in the trees for some, and others he is in the cross.
Find God, in your own way and try not to judge people who've found Him in another.
I do, however have a hard time following Jesus and praying to Him. I guess, it is that fear of men again. I fear Him as a judge, even though He is said to not have done so. Still, Jesus on the cross is above my door, and has been since I was a child. I don't remember how I found the crucifix, but I do know it has always been above the door to my bedroom, dorm, and now, is above the door into my apartment. I do believe it will keep the evil out of my home. Some may think this supersicious, but it works for me.
Along with depictions of Mary and Jesus, I have buddahs. Yep, I also believe there is something to learn from Hinduism. I've spent my life mixing cultures and beliefs into one. Somehow, the complexity of it was simpler to me. I mean, it didn't take long before I saw that almost every religion out there had the same message. The old fashioned, Golden Rule. I see God in Mary, Jesus, Buddahs, even in a ring I have of a minor Hindu god. We cannot see him to know what he looks like, or if He even has form to begin with, so why not give him all the forms in which bring peace of mind? That just always made sense to me.
People tell me often how seeing God, as the Christians describe him, in a Hindu god is a sin. I just shrug my shoulders. After all, how do we really know what is sin and what isn't? Because a group of Men wrote down what the Holy Spirit told them to? How many Men claim they've had Divine Right to rule the world and people believed them until we knew better. Men. Men to me are evil and corrupt, as well as Women. I find that we each just have to find God in whatever way seems fit for us. Perhaps he is in the trees for some, and others he is in the cross.
Find God, in your own way and try not to judge people who've found Him in another.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen








0 Response to "Ave Maria"
Post a Comment