What is it about a kiss?
I was recently forced to read an essay on the science behind a kiss. I am one of the few people I know who would ever think this was an interesting read. I'm a loser, I shall admit. The science of kissing, sex, pregnancy, almost everything dealing with the human emotions and stages of life leave me without enough words to express all that excitement. I suppose loser was the wrong word, a nerd is the better option. Which is why I love being in a relationship with Ryan, because we can be nerds together. =)
So, back the the kiss thing. The essay gave possible reasons for why we kiss and what makes it so good. Could it be pheromones? Could it be related to mate selection? I have no clue what the real answer is, but one part did make a lot of sense! Sometimes a person can be attracted to someone for months, wanting more than anything to touch them and kiss them. What makes this complicated is, sometimes once that first kiss has been made, there is a chance of complete failure for the pair. You know what I'm talking about! Ever kissed someone and just though, "why isn't this good??" I know I have! Not mentioning names, but there have been guys who I thought were perfect, on paper they were perfect. We got along, we worked well together as friends and dating seemed inevitable. Then came the first kiss, one of them as we were about to get more intimate...boy that kiss was that lousy!!! It just felt wrong, there was no "spark" and then the night was completely ruined. A very big mistake was possibly avoided. So what makes the "spark"? What made this kiss so different than say, mine and Ryan's first kiss? Now that was a kiss! It was not a good kiss in the sense of "Gone with the Wind, take me away I'm yours forever" kiss. It was a kiss that we giggled about right after. We still smile today after kissing. It's impossible not to sometimes. It's just a happy playful moment. So I know we can't have that first kiss back, in the sense that once a kiss is over, it's gone for good, but we have re-lived that moment with hundreds of kisses since. =)
OK gross, I know. Sometimes I get carried away. What my point is, what made that kiss different? Why did that kiss make me go, "wow, that was a kiss. Wait, Ryan Tefertiller can kiss?" Weird, I know. Just something that's on my mind. Personally I like our cute, fun kisses vs the "Gone with the Wind" kisses. Does that mean I'm settling for less? Nah, I'm settling for perfect. =)








0 Response to "What is it about a kiss?"
Post a Comment