Men & Electronics, it's a Love Story
The stereotypical man loves electronics. They must buy the latest gadgets, get the biggest televisions, have the smallest phones, and the most powerful computers. Men flock to a Best Buy and Radio Shack the same way the stereotypical woman would to a Forever 21 or a Pier 1 Imports. Though I may not be female, myself, I sure do understand what it is about Pier 1 that just makes women fawn over the window as they pass by. All those beautiful things, pillows, chairs, mirrors, candles; they can all decorate a home and make us the envy of our friends. It's almost as if we think that if we have all those beautiful things, we're beautiful along with them. I'm guessing the same goes for most guys. If they feel the immense power their computers hold, and the clarity of the television sets they watch, maybe they are a catch just the same. Maybe it then makes sense that people buy in order to fill a void. Sorry, just a thought that caught up with me. "lol."
Dillion =)
While the other guys were playing shooting games, I spent my entire time playing the second love of my life, Sims 2. I know Sims 3 came out and everyone thought it was going to be so much better, but I just couldn't part with the one I truly loved. After all, Sims 2 had been there for me for over four years at the time! We had been through a lot together. Plus, I had become so obsessed I ended up purchasing all of the Sims 2 expansion packs, allowing me to share with friends and get them as interested in the game as well. Ashley and I used to spend hours together, just playing Sims and drinking, probably why we gained weight that summer and why we were mostly single, too. "haha". If one of us had a game the other didn't, or we found a cool site we could download extra content from, we were sure to swap it all. Sims 2 became our escape. We could live the glamorous lives we wanted, go to college and graduate under a week, have kids, and create a legacy, and if we didn't like something, we could always change it. I almost wonder if we liked Sims so much because we had complete control over our Sims' lives, while we had little to no control over our own. When my parents first got me my laptop as a graduation present, I pretty much flipped out! I was so excited and immediately thought of all the Sims games I could put on it. Now imagine the heartbreak that befell me once I discovered that dream couldn't come true. "sad..." For whatever reason, the Sims would never load onto my laptop, no matter how much we tried. So, I was always stuck playing it on a tabletop computer and being confined to my room. Now that it's been almost two years later, I finally got it working! Ryan and I just sat down one day, messed with a few things, looked stuff up, and refused to give up...the end result was like me seeing Jesus come down from Heaven. My eyes became as wide as saucers and my smile must have rivaled the creepiness of a clown's as I saw Sims finally loading up on my laptop and running without a problem! Oh man! I finally can play Sims in bed, go to the park, and play Sims, go to grandma's, and play Sims, etc. I finally have the freedom I've always dreamed of! It's like, finally my laptop does everything! All I need now is for it to be able to fit in my pocket. "lol".
What a week this has been! Games, friends, a party or two, and lots of time with Ryan. It has been awesome and now I just wish I didn't have to go back to being the responsible young adult I have to be these days. Why didn't anyone slap me when I said, "being in high school is too hard." lol.
ADIOS!









0 Response to "Men & Electronics, it's a Love Story"
Post a Comment