Laundry Day
For whatever reason today was laundry day. The reason for my shock and disgust is, I was not informed until I walked by a mountain of clothes piled onto a basket in the corner of the living room. As soon as I noticed what it was, I diverted my eyes, hoping Rick wouldn't observe me acknowledging its presence. A voice echoed through my head, "pleeeeeaaase don't let those be clean!" Clean clothes in a pile only mean one thing, it's my turn to fold them. Imagine me crying in a dark room and you have the mental picture I get whenever I see that pile of clothes.
Before my demise by this pile of death, I was having a wonderful and relaxing Saturday morning. Ryan and I woke up around nine to the phone ringing. I have to point something out, when I hear a phone ring, I don't just get up...I run as if it is life or death! It is a race between my feet and that dreadfully annoying answering machine, so I run as fast as I can to beat it like the scum it is. I never understood how people can just sit in a room with a phone ringing and ignore it, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!? A phone ringing means someone loves you and letting the machine get it is like telling them to go to Hell. Upon answering the call for love, I realized it was Ryan's mom. I then walked back to the bed to hand him the phone, and then out again to see what time it was. Coming back into the room, I see him face down into the pillow. "They must have asked him to DO something," I think to myself. Ryan has a process of waking up and let me explain what that is...
Step 1: Slowly open eyes and adjust to lighting
Step 2: Look for time.
Step 3: Acknowledge time.
Step 4: Grunt and clear throat
Step 5: Hit pillow or nearest object
Step 6: If someone is talking to him, he must snap at them.
Step 7: Again hit pillow and grunt.
Step 8: Finally sit up and face the fact, it's morning.
As you can see, he is definitly a morning person! I do my best to just avoid him while waking up and if I should cross him, I hold my tongue so that it doesn't get ugly. Today he had to go shovel his driveway which is not much work since he has a snow blower. That little fact must have been why he didn't need to snap at me before he took off. Might I again mention that when Ryan has to go home, he walks next door, so it's not a hard task for him.
After he left I spent my time watching my favorite Showtime series, "The Tudors." (season 1 pic to left)Allow me to be an advertisement for the show, it is a modern idea on the lives of Henry VIII's court back in the 16th century. I love it, but there are a few “dabbings” of "cool" to make sure the modern audience will watch it. For instance, I would kill for their clothes and they have more sex than any British person probably ever has. hahaha.
Other than these few things, not much else has gone on today, Rick went snowmobiling with his brother and had an accident. Turns out, his boss went for the first time and crashed. Ryan and I had a good laugh, but I'm sure his boss won't be when he gets his shoulder popped back into place. Ouch!
Now as I sit here and write another blog I am left wondering why in the world I have a boyfriend who would much rather play "Jurrassic Park" games than hang out with me more. I know we all have our hobbies, but I get more jealous of those games than Hilary Clinton must have felt about Bill's "office meetings" with Monica. I know my jealousy has no real basis, but it just seems like he loves his computers more than I've ever seen him love a person. You should see the way he looks at her. It's gotten so bad, we actually call his computer his "Mistress". Ya, sad. Have any of you ever had an inanimate object come between your relationships or is this just me?
To change topics quickly, as those of us with A.D.D do, I ended up making the minor changes to Blaze's terrarium. He doesn't have the bi-level enclosure that I wanted, but I made it pretty awesome never the less. Below are two pictures, the top is before and the bottom is after. I added a new log, and a few decorative pieces from my room, though he's from Africa and not India like the pieces themselves. He seems to be enjoying it and I'm glad he likes it.
Well, readers, that's all for today, sorry it can't be longer, but I figure we all have lives so we should really live them more than read about others. lol
Have a good one, all, and until next time, ADIOS!













0 Response to "Laundry Day"
Post a Comment